What We Do
Our goal is to deliver high-quality products to satisfied clients. We thrive on solving complex problems and finding creative strategies to help your organization achieve its objectives. We offer a flexible approach that allows clients to take advantage of our full complement of services or utilize individual services on an a la carte, project basis.
We typically begin our engagements with a simple assessment to determine how SMSC can provide the most value based on your needs and priorities. You can learn more about our services below.
Credentialing & Payor Enrollment Services
SMSC alleviates the onerous administrative burden associated with payor enrollment and provider credentialing and helps maximize revenue by reducing delays in the process. Key benefits include:
- Full range of medical staff services including application and privileging support for both initial and re-appointments
- Reduced administrative burden for your staff
- Customizable, easy-to-use reports
Executive Management & Practice Leadership
SMSC provides practice leadership to healthcare organizations both on an interim basis during a transition period or as ongoing services to augment in-house capabilities.
- Practice & operations management
- Service line development
- Strategic planning
- Business analytics
Financial Strategy & Support
SMSC provides organizations with a full spectrum of financial services ranging from transactional to strategic-level initiatives. Examples of our services include:
- Financial strategies to support immediate, mid-term, and long-term business objectives
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Modeling and forecasting
- Coding, auditing, and education
- Bookkeeping services
Human Resources & Employee Development
SMSC provides an array of services either through an ongoing arrangement or ad hoc projects.
- Employee relations and development
- Performance management
- Compensation analysis
- Employee coaching and mentoring
- Physician resilience and peer mentoring programs
Rapid developments in technology, increasingly advanced cybersecurity threats, and evolving best practices requires a comprehensive IT strategy. SMSC’s integrated technology consulting services provide a seamless approach for managing all your organization’s IT needs.
- IT strategy development & implementation
- Technology assessments
- Cyber security
- Managed IT services
- Help desk and IT support
Marketing, Communications & Analytics
Effective communication is the backbone of organizational success. SMSC provides a broad array of marketing and communications services for both external and internal audiences. Our team is composed of healthcare communications experts who have worked with healthcare systems, community hospitals, and independent physician practices across a wide variety of specialties.
- MarCom strategy and planning
- Community outreach programs
- Internal communications
- Brand development
- Patient experience
SMSC provides a suite of services that assists organizations in creating effective payor strategies, develop more favorable reimbursement rates and contract terms, and enhance their ability to maximize traditional and non-traditional payment arrangements.
- Contract review
- Payor and reimbursement strategies
- Contract negotiation support
- Training and ongoing education for staff
SMSC delivers end-to-end physician recruitment services for a myriad of specialties in healthcare organizations. Our recruiters work closely with each client to customize an approach that will attract the best candidates and ensure a long-term fit.
- Compensation analysis
- Candidate recruiting
- Interview support, including the development of interview guides and interviewer training
- Negotiation strategy
Quality, Risk & Patient Experience
SMSC develops and manages state-of-the-art quality programs that enhance patient safety, improve operational efficiencies, and reduce risk.
- Program and policy assessments
- Creating QI strategies to develop and support high-reliability organizations (HROs)
- Ensuring compliance with CMS requirements such as MACRA, clinical decision support/appropriate use criteria, and accreditation standards
- Developing best-practice OPPE/FPPE programs
RCM & Billing Services
We stand behind the services we deliver to our clients by offering transition guarantees, program assurance, and unparalleled expertise and customer service. Key benefits include:
- Average net collection increase of 5%
- Higher clean claims rates and reduce denials
- Improved Key Performance Indicators, such as net collection percentage and accounts receivable days